FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checked-In Automatically w/o Me Requesting Mobile Check-in
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:58 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by dcstudent
apologized for the "system error" that resulted in my room downgrade - mentioned hotel was nearly sold out and that causes issues sometimes...
Interesting, given that I've encountered this "error" a couple times in the last couple weeks as noted in a previous post. And that's separate from the OLCI issue - I just wake up, haven't checked in, and see the room type as changed - and not in the direction an elite member would hope for after the night audit.

It's almost as if, when the hotel is close to sold out, they could "accidentally" sell better rooms for more money if they just had some more available. Hmm...

There's also another element of the auto check-in issue that seems to be going on, which was referenced in another thread. I notice that my stays become "in progress" before I've ever checked in using any device or in person. While I haven't needed to invoke this, some of my company rates have same-day cancellation, and I can only imagine what a mess would happen if the system somehow already thinks I'm there.