FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A bit urgent - flying today - might need to change a 2-4-1 flight due to illness
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:54 am
rapidex

Originally Posted by shadowline
Having gotten married without any hitches over the weekend just gone, and booked my wife and I's honeymoon at T-355, my wife has woken up this morning with some serious food poisoning. Doc en route for a home visit.

We're due to fly on tonight's BA251 to SCL at 2155. Tickets booked as an Avios redemption using a 2-4-1.

Currently not sure what our options are - can we delay to tomorrow's flight? BA currently selling 3 seats in F. Likelihood of opening them up for a pair of redemption tickets?

I know I could call BA and ask, and I will. But I thought it might be worth asking the collective wisdom of FT before doing anything rash and/or incorrect.

Thank you in advance.
Call BA. They can be particularly helpful in situations like this. They are used to the occasional crew member going sick with this down route.

Congratulations on your marriage. My sympathies for your wife. Mrs rapidex and I were both down with food poisoning at the weekend. It is rather unpleasant.