FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cost in advance of dropping both DOM legs off a DOM/TATL booking
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:44 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Keystone
However am planning to move back to southern England next year when I’ve sold my house - so timing is indeterminate. Question therefore is how much is it likely to cost to drop both the domestic legs of a non flexible WT+ ticket or the domestic legs of an Avios booking.

In in the case of the paid for booking do BA reprice and if so what date do they use (date of booking or date of change)? The paid for bookings include a car and so are BA holidays and therefore only 350 deposit paid until 5 weeks before travel.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Change fee but reprice based on the valid fares on the day you rebook for any change made before the first flight, can be very expensive.
If it were a flight-only ticket, this is not quite right. The current standard BA fare rules provide that if you change the ticket before departure but you do not change the first fare component (typically the outbound half of the ticket), you are repriced using either fares on the date of booking or fares on the date of change - whichever is lower.

So if an ABZ-LHR-US-LHR-ABZ ticket is changed to ABZ-LHR-US-LHR, that won't necessarily require fares on the date of change to be used. I think that the ticket should end up being no more expensive than the total of the change fee plus what the ticket price would have been if that itinerary had been originally booked.

Changing ABZ-LHR-US-LHR-ABZ to LHR-US-LHR will, however, require a reprice using fares at the date of change (plus the change fee). This can indeed be very expensive, depending on when you do it.

However, if the bookings were made as BA Holidays from the start, then BA Holidays rules would apply and may be different from the fare rules for a change in a flight-only ticket.