FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:13 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by erwin123
Dear LH team,

On august 9 I was supposed to fly BRU-FRA-PVG. WHen at the BRU airport, got the message FRA-PVG was cancelled.
was rebooked by the LH staff to BRU-AMS-PVG same day, but then AMS-PVG got cancelled too
was then rebooked again in BRU-SVO-PVG the next day
That flight would get me too late in PVG, so I called the service desk to cancel the whole flight , reservation was an economy flex ticket (M fare) which allows full refund

We're now three weeks later and refund has not come through yet
I called the service desk last week, and they say the status is in progress

Can you let me know how long refunds take ? On other airlines , I get the refund in to weeks time

Thank you

Hopefully you have received your refund by now.
Else I would contact directly the German Luftfahrt-Bundesamt after maybe one last note to LH, as there is a clear breach of the Regulation here.

Article 8

Right to reimbursement or re-routing

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered the choice between:

(a) - reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan, together with, when relevant,
(emphasis mine)

I also think you might be eligible for compensation, depending on the reason for cancellation.