FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:02 am
kawaii

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
(1) What is your home airport? HKG
(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? Y for short hauls and PEY/J for long hauls
(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? 30-40K
(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? CX Silver (previously Gold)
(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? Good award redemption (I'm planning to diversify into *A as I am finding better cash fares on *A airlines than sticking with OW - particularly EVA, Asiana, and TG)
(6) Which routes do you fly most often? Asia shorthaul, TPAC longhaul
(7) Preferred Airlines - EVA, ANA
(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? Both.

I used to be gold on Aegean, when I was based in the US. Now that I'm based in Asia, I was rethinking whether it even makes sense for me to park my *A miles in United (I had cleared out my account years ago but I bought some recent *A personal flights that I need to credit somewhere) or if there is a better Asia program that I should use (Asiana? EVA?). Advice welcome - generally, I prefer to fly HKG-TPE-US (as that's the shorter one-hop than HKG-ICN-US), but if the Asiana program is miles above the EVA program, I'm also fine with flying through Seoul more often.

Thanks!

Last edited by kawaii; Sep 5, 2019 at 1:06 am