FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA / Oneworld flights from Europe to St Louis (STL)
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:57 pm
tommyd101

AA / Oneworld flights from Europe to St Louis (STL)

Hi Everyone - first time poster here so no doubt i've misunderstood where to post!

Looking for some guidance in booking a good deal to the US please.

I live in London, UK and need to get to St Louis (STL) Missouri on 4th or 5th October 2019 and return on 8th or 9th October 2019 (flexible). I'm aware that there are no European based flights that go direct to STL with any airline (the main carriers axed these in early 2000's, and then WOW! stopped their's from Iceland a few years back for obvious reasons). The only main airline carriers that appear to fly in to STL are American Airlines and Delta but with American having the bigger share and a bigger presence in Europe than Delta. I think South West are the biggest operator out of STL but that is not an option for me here. So given the situation and that I can't see many people in the UK ever needing to make the journey to STL I thought could I take advantage of having to do multiple stopovers to get a good deal and in Business or Premium Economy. But i am unsure of the best way to look at the best priced routes with all the connections that are available.

Flights with AA (and BA given they share routes) out of London seem to be astronomical but I thought that what if i made my own way to mainland Europe and then fly on from there to a connecting airport in the US or Canada then fly on to STL? Will this make it cheaper? My question therefore is does anyone know of a particular European hub for American Airlines that tends to be lower cost when travelling to the US. Or does anyone / has anyone made a similar journey and could kindly help me out? It doesn't matter which airport in the US i fly in to in order to connect on to a flight to STL.

Thanks in advance, and sincere apologies if I have misunderstood this forum and that my question is unreasonable or pitched incorrect.

Tom