FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I exit the EU with an EU ID having entered more than 90 days ago on a non-EU doc?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:51 pm
danz1010

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles and More, Miles and Bonus, Flying Blue
Can I exit the EU with an EU ID having entered more than 90 days ago on a non-EU doc?

Hi,

I entered the EU (Romania) using a Canadian passport more than 3 months ago. I also have a Romanian ID, however passport control in Bucharest wanted to see my Canadian passport (which they entry-stamped) since I was arriving from a non-EU destination. My flight to Canada is OTP-FRA-YYZ. OTP-FRA on Tarom and FRA-YYZ on Condor. I will use my Romanian ID to leave Romania (non-Schengen). However, since sterile transit in Frankfurt is not possible due to TAROM and Condor operating from different terminals, I need to enter and exit Germany. I want to use my Romanian ID to enter Germany, but once passport control at the exit in Frankfurt will see my destination is YYZ, they will ask for more than just my Romanian ID, of course. The problem is, I have an EU entry stamp on my Canadian passport from more than 3 months ago, with no exit stamp. What should I do?

Thank you.