FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan Reward - Involuntary Schedule Change - What Are My Options?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:42 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bartolo

Did being SE have anything to do with your success?

Fascinating. I got an agent that seemed experienced and knowledgeable. I will try again. Thank you.
Being SE and Diamond may have helped. The situation was I was booked F on YTO-TYO, and J back (hence the two bookings). IRROPS had me downgraded on YTO-TYO, but F space had opened on a different route for TYO-YTO, and I asked if they would waive the change fee because I really wanted to fly F in one direction. The agent had no issue with it.

Originally Posted by lallied
Have you ever had any success in getting them to buy space on another carrier when award space is not available?
Not for me, but I know people who have. @DrunkCargo just flew YVR-HND on NH in a revenue fare class. That was because Aeroplan didn't reticket him after a change, and all the unticketed segments fell off, but that was the only one that no longer had I-space. Amusingly, AC3 had I-space, but there was absolutely no discussion about it. They just rebooked him on what he originally had, in Z (I think). Someone else (may have been DC, but I can't recall) was once told to buy a one-way J fare and submit for reimbursement under similar circumstances.

I thought it might happen to me this weekend because both my TG segments fell off the PNR at different times, but there was still O space available when I called to have it fixed.