FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help Desk: practical assistance for those affected by strikes on 9, 10, 27 Sep
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:30 am
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
I am scheduled to fly VIE-LHR on 28 Sept, departing at 07:45. Given the departure time, it seems very probable that this flight's aircraft normally flies LHR-VIE during the prior evening and overnights at VIE. Of course, that would be on the 27th, so it won't operate if the strike does occur on that date. The flight shows as "at risk," but not canceled on BA.com.

If cancellations for the 27th have been posted, I would take this as a sign that BA are planning to leave the aircraft from the flight on 26 September at VIE all day on the 27th, and the flight is likely to operate as scheduled.

If cancellations for the latter strike date have not yet been posted, however, I'm a lot less optimistic ...
I don't think they've pulled anything for the 2nd dates yet. I was due to fly the day after the first set of dates and was able to proactively rebook so you might want to look at your options for another date or cancellation and find another airline.... Depends how risk averse you are I guess.