FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/BKK: maximize points/reaching status asap
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:57 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by rbAA
Like someone else said, M&M is a calendar based program, so reaching *A G may not work for the remainder of this year. So, try one of the easier, i.e. lower threhold and maybe a 12-month from sign up programs. TK looks easy with their current status match offer, and you do need to fly TK (so you'll connect in IST probably,) but can get and keep Gold for longer if you do just 25k on TK. OZ is the other "easy" one, but they seem to be having some financial issues so while you only need 40k on any *A carrier to get Gold for up to 4 years, there is a risk.

Of course, why not just enjoy your BA status? You earned it and can make the most out of it and fly One World: CX thru HKG (OK, maybe that's not such a good choice right now,) MH thru KUL, QR thru DOH, and of course, BA direct though I've heard they use their beater equipment to and from BKK.
The one place I can see the OPs desire for M&M is the 200% earning vs 125% or 150% for business fares on easier programs. As far as I know A3 and SK are the only of the easier programs that have 200% earning for some business fares. A3 though isn't as easy as it used to be if you never fly to Greece. A3 and SK too are more selective in what they credit at 200% while M&M has quite a few airlines and fares available for that. If the OP has the 5 trips planned before Dec 31st, then more power to them, M&M will work, but if they need a revolving date program it won't be the answer.