FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:24 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
I pop in to TPG every once in awhile, for reasons. Noticed a "Top 9 Priority Pass Lounged in the World" article. Now, I have my own PP and also a full CC strategy, so I feel in no danger of being "pushed" into CCs. But the funny part is: the article is just the exact same one from last year with (I think) a single lounge swapped out. They didn't even bother to either write "Updated" in the title, or just cut/paste into a new page. They just used the old article, with comments from last year still there. That's some high quality "meh" right there.
TPG reviews PP lounges to sell credit cards. I review them because I visited them and to sell PP memberships. I actually beat TPG in organic SEO on several lounge reviews....which goes to show that they aren't trying very hard to win organic SEO in that space..with their DA they should be crushing me. In fact, their pillar article has just one affiliate link to buy PP directly. But over a dozen credit card affiliate links.

And of course, TPG is solely focused on the US market even though PP membership has way more utility in South America, Asia and Europe. Because US credit cards pay more than PP affiliate conversions.

All of which is to say that TPG knows what it is: a US-centric credit card selling machine. And it does that quite well.

But that DOES make it beatable in SEO even by a piker like me because, as you say, they are lazy about their approach to PP!

Last edited by kokonutz; Sep 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm