FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exec Plat - Requalifying with new baby....
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:54 pm
Rsherwin

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Exec Plat - Requalifying with new baby....

I've been EXP for 5+ years straight, and will end up missing it this year by 20-25K miles. I didn't travel for 3 months during/after my first baby arrived. Delta was nice enough to offer a status challenge due to a life event, unfortunately AA hasn't copied this offer.

I've hit on 2/3s of my upgrades thus far (DFW based, miss the ones to BOS, LAX, SFO and other high traffic business routes).

Has anyone had success appealing to AA for a status challenge or extension of benefits based on a life event? I'm considering letting the status lapse for all the reasons we hear in the MSM and on Flyertalk, etc. The 4 SWUs have basically become extremely difficult to use, same day confirmed travel changes are the most valuable perk along with EXP desk and the upgrades one does get...with that being said, upgrades are only becoming more difficult as AA tries to sell FC seats (as they should).

Is Platinum Pro desk as good as EXP in people's experience? Anyone else dealing with this situation and have a different take?