FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption stay for family, but not myself
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:37 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by evergrn
I've never had that happen in the several times that I (Diamond) had booked for my wife with her name added to the reservation.
Does this happen often or only rarely, and do you think this is dependent on the property or the individual staff?
Its happened a few times at different Hotels, hard to say what caused it the csr or hotel policy. They did occur at Resorts (HHV , Grand Wailea) and other top notch hotels could be a reg local DT which isnt gonna be giving much anyways doesnt press the issue. Asia in general was a problem as was some European major citys

Sometimes they UPed the room nothing great and told those checking in make sure that when the Diamond member arrives to come to the FD so that we can take care of lounge assess, or breakfast etc etc. other times the people were told they could wait for the member to arrive or take a reg room now and if tomorrow or if you said later that night when the member comes if theres an Upgrade available you can switch rooms and if the member isnt here before breakfast then if you want breakfast its on your dime

Its definitely IMO a YMMV and no way to know how things be till you get there, as for a CC, best is if you trust the person and know ahead of time if its $0 just get them put on as an AU so in the end the member still gets all the pts since its their acct being charged even if its a different CC #.

the hotels over time got smart and realized something doesnt smell right when a Ms O;Shea is checking in and the members name is Collins, yes nowadays its more common for a spouse to go under another last name, but all too often its a no ta spouse that is stayting but friends , relatives etc where the member is trying to score the stay credit and pts and the person staying is just interested in getting the benefits w/o having to pay for them