FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy Delight - wondering if I have found a good deal?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:56 am
WheelsUpGal

Programs: United, Southwest
Just for fun I did a search for May 8 - 15 (I always start on Google flights) and I see what you are seeing - in fact it looks like it went up to about $950 for the "Delight".

1. You really do have time on your side at the moment. I booked a decent flight to Rome this year for May, 6 weeks out for my niece and it wasn't outrageous at all.

2. From what I can tell on the Virgin website Economy Light is $600 RT, Economy Classic is $700 RT, and Economy Delight is $932. (RT per person) The only extra thing you are getting for your $232 (from Classic to Delight) is Priority Check In, Dedicated Storage, and 3 inches. MAYBE 3 inches is worth an extra $464 (for both of you) but that's a lot for a few inches.

3. The 787 in Economy is 3-3-3. I'd be tempted to buy an extra seat instead of bumping up to "Delight" so you'd have a guaranteed empty middle and could both stretch your legs to the middle? It would be $600 X 3 or the $1800 for the Delight. You still get to pick your seat in Economy Classic and get one checked bag.

PS. I clicked on a "Sale" link on Virgin Atlantic and then asked for fares within a 5 week window. Cheapest fares for May seemed to be on the 12, 13, 19, 20 and 26th - for that that is worth?

Last edited by WheelsUpGal; Sep 2, 2019 at 11:03 am