FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When hotels overbook, do they cancel Expedia reservations?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:35 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When hotels overbook, do they cancel Expedia reservations?

Expedia is offering very good 100% cancellable rates at the Ameron Luzern Hotel Flora for 6 nights in the middle of next April. I am interested in a deluxe double room on my trip to Switzerland. The hotel has 161 rooms and does apparently attract tour groups. I like the location & the reviews of the rooms.

I have never booked with Expedia before but I have with Priceline, Hotwire & Booking.com although it has been a while. I read on websites like Rick Steves forum that when the Ameron overbooks rooms due to a group coming in, the hotel will cancel Expedia reservations first.

Has anybody here had their Expedia reservations canceled for reasons of overbooking or anything else?

Moreover, is mid-April just after Easter a popular time for travel groups to come to Luzern? Maybe it is for business conferences/conventions?

This far in advance, I would prefer booking with a cancelable rate and Expedia offers the least expensive price that I could find so far with that option.

Should I book with Expedia? I appreciate your advice on this. Thank you.