FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - people making video reports during the flight
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:14 pm
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by ente_09
I see videos on YouTube of these people who give extended reports of their flights, showing the various seat features and meals, usually business or first class..

Just saw one where the two people are filming each other intermittently for maybe the whole flight and talking pretty loudly, as if they're reporters on TV. You can see some of the people around them are annoyed. Are there any regulations as to limitation of filming on board? Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not think you have the right to tell someone to not to film your face if this is in public.

If this happened to me and I complained to the FA , what do you think would happen?
First I would ask them to kindly stop (and make sure they at least agree to blur you out). Most of the reputable youtubers will agree to this (or risk having the video deleted). If they don't, (or if you don't want to confront them) then talk to the cabin crew. Many airlines stipulate that you need to respect the privacy of the other passengers.

DO NOT under any circumstances touch their gear... that could turn into a confrontation that would end up very bad for you.