FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit times Oslo
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:26 am
RedChili

Originally Posted by SK AAR
? Saturday afternoon is probably the least busiest time of the week. You are referring to Friday and Sunday afternoon/evening.

I would rate the chance as high as 90-95%
I'll admit that my experience comes mostly from ARN and not OSL (I used to work at ARN), but at ARN at least, Saturday is by far the busiest day for leisure flyers. Saturday is the day when all those SAS 737s and 320s that usually fly ARN-OSL-ARN or ARN-CPH-ARN multiple times per day are instead used on such routes as ARN-PMI-ARN or ARN-CHQ-ARN.(1) Saturday is also the day for most cruise charters in the summer and skiing charters in the winter, and ethnic flights all year round. The baggage handlers have a lot of bags to take care of on a Saturday.

Friday and Sunday afternoon/evening is more commuters to OSL, CPH, HEL and similar destinations, who usually have less baggage, are more used to flying, and go through the airport much quicker.

---

(1) A quick look at the OSL web site indeed shows lots of the same type of flights yesterday, Saturday. The ten first flights are: Palma, Samos, Malaga, Palma, Dublin, Antalya, Kalamata, Lisboa, Palma, Skiathos. Nine of these are baggage heavy destinations around the Mediterranean. On Sunday, today, the ten first flights are: Antalya, Copenhagen, Mytilini, Samos, Frankfurt, Karpathos, Paris, Alicante, Amsterdam, Athen.