FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have a Hilton Aspire card?
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:53 pm
RAD_PDX

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ctporter
I thought saver fares were a type of "as is - where is, use it or lose it" ticket, that allows absolutely no changes including upgrades. It seems to me that if I chose that fare either I might be able to select some seats right then -but I might not. If not they will be assigned at the gate with no guarantee that I would be sitting next to someone I am traveling with. Maybe others have been able to purchase an upgrade but from what I can tell that would not meet the conditions of the saver fare. I do not think the method of payment makes any different (points or money)

The web site says:
Saver fares do include some restrictions on booking, refunds, changes, and seat selection.
These restrictions include:
  • Limited seating may be available at the time of purchase. Most seats will be assigned at check-in.
  • We can’t guarantee that parties of two or more will be seated together.
  • No refunds are allowed beyond the first 24 hours after ticketing.
  • No changes, including same-day confirmed changes, are allowed for Saver fares.
  • No standby is allowed for Saver fares, even for elite status guests.
  • If a guest is a no-show for any flight during a trip, all other flights within that trip are automatically canceled, with no refund available.
  • Saver fares cannot be combined with any other fare types on the same itinerary.
  • Saver fares are non-transferable.
and:
Elite members do not receive waived change fees, same-day confirmed, preferred seating, or upgrade benefits with Saver fares. On all fares including Saver, Elites receive bonus miles, baggage allowances, check-in benefits, and priority boarding. All other Saver fare rules and restrictions apply to MVP®, MVP® Gold, and MVP® Gold 75k Mileage Plan members.
"Yes. At this time, you can only purchase Premium Class seats (if available) with a Saver fare while booking at alaskaair.com. Premium Class seats may also be available for purchase on the day of departure at the check-in kiosk or airport ticket counter/gate.
Note: If you purchase a Premium Class seat with a Saver fare, Saver fare restrictions still apply."

I assume you have to purchase them in the same transaction as the saver fare purchase but can't confirm that.