FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The AC J Look Defined
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:09 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
How about some common sense? The first impression we give is in our appearance. In a perfect world, we would not "judge" people based upon their wardrobe, their age, size etc., but humans are given to natural prejudice and are still influenced by their own behavior patterns including sexual desires.
know and accept that I will be treated less warmly than a buff well dressed male with a smiling face. Beauty and a dynamic personality - the zing of the package does make a difference. However, I also know that i can compensate for the disadvantage because I am pretty good at charming frumpy tired middle aged women, who are in about 75% of my AC personnel interactions. I force myself to make eye contact, and smile. Some people have the look that AC personnel prefer to avoid. This isn't unusual, as we do it all the time when we look at someone and say, ugh, I'm glad I don't have to live or work with that.

The takeaway is that if one is physically unappealing, one should take steps to compensate. Clothes make a difference. Beautiful, fit people don't have to make much effort. Unattractive people have to try harder. I make an effort to dress with a bit of style. If one is obese, then try and conduct oneself with dignity, and not wear the chav uniform with food stains on the shirt. If one wants to look like Lil Peep and sport face tats and dress like a thug, then adopt the Lil Xan method of being humble, polite and and seduce the people with your innocent smile. Don't believe me? Who would you rather deal with and be predisposed to helping in J or in a line; A polite fashionable good looking university student on the HKG flight, or the loud slob SE salesman with his belly popping out of his shirt, reeking of booze and marlboros, wheezing while making a fuss over nothing on the PVG flight? A lot of pax believe that their personality doesn't stink. Sad to say, it does and the heavy odor clings to them, following them through life and influencing all of their personal interactions.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Aug 31, 2019 at 11:16 am