FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2019, 4:10 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by l380
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation! I just realized how nice the Arrivals lounge actually is. Might even take advantage of the sleeping room too before heading to town. What food&drinks recommendation in Zurich do you have for me? I will be there on September 7, Saturday. Please let me know if you are free that day.
The weekend 7th to 9th is the biggest yearly fair in Zürich (so called Knabenschiessen, where tenthousands of teenagers get to use the army assault gun in a shooting competition - no worries, it's all very civil )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knabenschiessen

You should definitely visit it when you are here (it starts in the late morning at 11am, so when you take a nap on arrival, you can comfortably include it in a city tour, since the fair area is just minutes from the city center)

For lunch, there is plenty of choice really. Traditional fare (like Zeughauskeller, but very touristic) or local places (anything from self-service up to splurge) - Swiss people don't really eat one kind of food only. Our food mostly is a mix of German (sausage/potato) influenced dishes, Italian dishes (Pasta, Pizza), together with Cheese in all kind of varieties (but please don't eat Fondue in summer.. ) - but Zürich itself is cosmopolitan, so really close to everything is available. On a regular early autumn day, probably some sausage meal would be a good choice.

I should actually have time myself on Saturday. Feel free to drop me a PM with your number.

Weather will - long term forecast - be quite good, not too warm but not yet too cold or rainy either (but Swiss weather is unpredictable..)