FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you pay for an Admirals Club Membership?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:49 pm
platbrownguy

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Let's say I used the AC approx 80 times last year, excluding visits that would be free based on international J travel. On at least 30 mornings at DCA, AC access meant popping in for avocado toast, coffee, and maybe a yogurt. At least a couple dozen evenings, it meant anywhere from one to numerous drinks, often with 1 or 2 others, even if it's just cheap beer or vodka. And more than once (though once is enough to justify the annual card fee), it meant some poor and overworked but immensely helpful AAgent in CLT or DFW or HNL or wherever pressing the keys to print me a BP to anywhere useful when IRROPS hit, so I could get home when the hold time for the EXP desk was 2 hours or longer.

Add cleanish bathrooms, reliable low-hassle plugs & wifi, and the occasional need to meet with others airside somewhere civilized, and $450 is a no brainer.