FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow shutdown on Friday the 13th
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:32 pm
vantage03

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
I happen to be one of the lucky ones booked on LH that day (but of course haven't received any formal status update regarding the flight yet) - any insights appreciated!!
LHR need to officially announce to airlines that they are cancelling flights in order for LH to action Irregular Operations rebookings.

I know from my own experience that as FTers we can get ahead of ourselves and too clever for our own good in trying to mitigate risk in these situations. I’ve been there myself, only a month ago with the LHR strikes that never happened.

What I really did learn from that was LHR will hold out until the actual day to issue irreg instructions to airlines. LH will not action rebookings until it’s official. Even though it’s SO frustrating for us when we’re watching the news, I don’t think they’re being that unreasonable in rebooking people when the strike or cancellations may not go ahead.

In an ideal world they’d offer a confirmed backup, but hey.. the world isn’t perfect.

My money is on the authorities not letting drones anywhere near LHR on Sept. 13 and that it’s all talk..! I think you’ll be fine