FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Upgrade list on another carrier’s ticket
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:10 pm
mastertrust

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
AA Upgrade list on another carrier’s ticket

Had a strange experience today. Booked Premier Economy on Cathay Pacific using my AA FF number with the first and last leg on American Airlines metal. Itinerary showed up on my account @ the American Airlines website showing that upgrades had been requested on the two American Airlines flights ( I’m EXP). Automatically upgraded on the first AA leg about 48 hours before departure. Cathay Pacific kindly upgraded me to business on their last leg from Hong Kong to JFK. Checked the upgrade list on a AA Mobile app when I landed at JFK & my name was not on the list for the final AA leg. Called the executive platinum desk, I was told by the agent who answered that because I had booked it through Cathay Pacific that an AA agent would need to manually add my name to the list at the airport. This despite the fact that when I called the executive platinum desk, the automated system said “ I see you've requested an upgrade on your next flight”. An agent at the flagship lounge confirmed I was not on the upgrade list but added me. Never had this problem before, but I’ve also always been notified of an upgrade a day or two before the AA legs. Did the system just have a hiccup or is this the way it supposed to work?

And another thing happened in JFK as well. I couldn’t retrieve a mobile boarding pass for the last AA leg, so I went to the kiosk and printed one out but it didn’t show TSA Precheck but it did have my FF# and status. When the agent at the lounge added my name to the upgrade list he printed out a new boarding pass and it had TSA pre-check on it. Strange.