FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reality check required
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:44 am
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
Reality check required

ok so i’m an addict. I believe my first ever flight was on a 747, I used to work on then, they have taken me all over the world to work in Japan, Korea, the US, and probably brought me to Australia for the first time as well. I have worked in Longreach and of course shelled out to go wing walk the 747 there

having not been on one for a few years, I recently did some segments and it dawned on me that it’s going to be retired soon and I will be old and nostalgic

thus, my travel planning for the year is in full swing. I have reason to be in Tokyo twice next year, I also have reason to make a trip in mid December (avoiding being at home for my birthday)

now, I know I could fly JQ and pay about $2000 to score 250 SCs. But equally I could pay almost double that for 747 flights in the current sale (interestingly this scores only 240SC return). Either way it will have me way over my platinum requalification threshold 6 months early. I don’t think I will make P1 either way as I have too much flying on OW (also does JQ count for P1? Not sure)

so. Do I book the 747 flights, knowing this is probably one of the last years of opportunity, or do I book the cheaper flight?