FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:17 am
Another Getaway
Suspended

Originally Posted by texmanufan

Seems like it will be quite some time before those island paths are shaded like the Conrad.
Wife and I are here right now and the foliage by the main beach (Nava, Terra, the Rock) will need a lot of time. Some of the palms look like they're on the verge of dying - barely any fronds, very thin. The palms near the 600 villas and lobby are much thicker, but still not too fully grown. A lot of the smaller plants also seem to be getting decimated by insects - lots of holes in leafs and edges munched on. This is evident everywhere around the resort, including in the backyards of the beach villas. We saw crews spraying insecticide throughout the resort our first few days.

Along the same lines, the roads along the resort are a bit rough right now. I was told they are trying to add more sand to the paths to level them out, but a lot of recent rain has extended the project. Every time they lay down new sand, a downpour comes and washes it away. Not sure how they ever plan to permanently address that, because rain washing away sand will always be an issue.

If there's anything anybody wants to see or know let me know. I'll be here until September 4.