FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gratuities [pre-flight lounge dining]
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:50 pm
747_not_777

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I took 2 tubs of chocolate treats for the BA460 crew to enjoy on their longer MAD turnaround which went down well.

Now the big tubs of chocolates have started appearing in supermarkets in the run up to Christmas I’ll also give one of those to First Wing staff and GF staff so they can put them in a staff area for people to grab 9ne as they go past. Goes down well in my office and I think it’s appreciated by the airport team.
Each to their own - I remember a thread years ago about people who take presents on board for the cabin crew and it just made me cringe. I'm not mean, far from it, but it's I just I find the whole thing ever so slightly odd... I mean, I'll thank them warmly if they've gone the extra mile, give out a Golden Ticket if I have one, or fill out the form online to ensure their amazing service is recognised... but I think that's where it ends. Turning up for a flight with a gift ready for the crew (before you've even decided if they're worth it) just doesn't sit well with me.

That said, I'm sure they'll appreciate having you as a passenger far more than me, if it went down well.