FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to Eliminate Single-use Toiletry Bottles
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:34 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
Who ever said that glasses aren't cleaned by hotel maids? And if you find an unclean glass in your room, what is stopping you from cleaning it yourself? Plastic cups in hotel rooms is a new cost cutting effort. They never existed previously. We have done fine for a very long time with glass. Sorry but unclean glasses is a false argument. Saving the environment is not a false argument.
You should Google hotel forums a bit, it has been a recurring topic. People claiming that cleaning of the glasses can't be trusted. One argument being that housekeeping never seem to have new glasses on their carts, I.e. the housekeepers just wash the glasses in the sink in the bathroom.

If I find the glass I the bathroom to be less clean that desirable, I will just have them replaced. It is not a big deal, and not me complaining on the topic.