FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American did me right today
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:07 pm
no1cub17

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I used to fly predominately UA -- when I lived elsewhere, because they always had good prices, good flight schedules, and I always felt treated perfectly fine, though that was all in the span of 10-20 years ago.

Now, I live 10 miles from an airport only served by AA with flight times that work rather well, local check in and gate agents I know and actually like (as well as their TSA staff), free parking, and quick security, which is super convenient. Other airports are 80 miles away, which isn't terrible except I usually need to take an early flight and getting up at 2-3 AM to make a 5-6AM flight is horrible. AA has to really screw up a few times before I give up my small airport and AA that goes with it. And honestly, I give AA and especially Aadvantage plenty of snark when they deserve it, but I usually still get where I need to go without serious issue, so there is probably a lot of abuse I am still willing to take...
OT but Stillwater was a great add by AA. Glad the service is doing well. This OU alum is happy for y'all!