FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:56 pm
hoyt

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by jphripjah
If instead of having, say, 200 bikes in green they got 50 each in green, blue, red, and yellow, I think it might cut down on this confusion. Or they could number the bikes. Or just make some removable luggage type tags saying "Villa 104, Villa 609, etc." and put those on the bikes when they are assigned to a guest at the start of the guest's stay.
I saw some bikes with numbers on them (ours did). A little wooden looking tag with the Villa number under the seat, like a license plate. Perhaps this is a new process they're slowly putting in place.

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I do recall riding our two bikes to Tasting Table, and then when we were leaving only two bikes were parked there, but when we started to ride off some guests said "those are ours," and I said "Well, ours were here and now they are gone I think they're first come first served" and then a staff member intervened and said I could take them, but maybe I was being a dick there.
If they had numbers on them, then yes, I'd say you were being a dick. Ours got taken at breakfast one day, we walked back to our villa as opposed to taking other bikes, but used WhatsApp to tell our personal concierge. The bikes were replaced quickly (even the same bikes, and I'm sure because there was a mark on the bell). When the bikes were re-delivered, he even took a picture of them parked outside out villa and sent it in the WhatsApp convo.