FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best US Cities for connections to South America, Mexico and Central America?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:47 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rgmdb
Hi FlyerTalk community --

I'm about to hire a US-based telecommuting employee who will need to travel regularly to Mexico, Central and South America (my guess is most repeating trips will be to Mexico and Brazil, but every country in the region will be likely throughout the year).

I'd like this person to be based in a city with a lot of direct connections to the region, without layovers elsewhere in the US. What US cities would you recommend I target my employee search?

I was thinking Miami is probably a top contender, with Atlanta, Dallas or Houston as possibilities? I'm looking for cities with the MOST direct connections to the whole region.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
You can find the Wikipedia page for all of those airports -- and others -- by Googling "XXX airport wiki," where you substitute the desired airport's three-letter code for "XXX." The airport's Wikipedia page will show all airlines serving that airport, and their destinations.

If your employee will be heading to different cities in Brazil, I suspect that AA out of MIA will serve the most Brazilian airports with nonstops. If, on the other hand, your employee will only be going to Rio or Sao Paulo, any of the four airports you are considering would probably work.