FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Flight Canceled - Not Possible to Rebook??
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:02 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by michaelr
Thanks for the quick responses. I was afraid of that. I booked the tickets with Miles and More. The first segment is on Air Canada and the second on LOT. From what I am reading it is likely pointless to call M&M again as this is their policy. Do I have any real chances calling AC? There are no AC flights that can get me on 12/26 from OMA to YYZ. UA has flights but will AC rebook me on those?
I think that you are missing the point.

An LH supervisor could indeed message a *A liaison agent at LH and ask that agent to contact UA to determine whether UA would open the space. You would then continue on as booked. Do not get your hopes up for UA to approve this, but given that you have a lot of time, why not put it to good use.

You might also look at alternate routings OMA-WAW which would include UA to a US gateway and onwards service on any *A carrier nonstop or via a European gateway. All likely less convenient, but might well be doable.

Do not count on any logistical help from LH. Rather, do the research yourself and be prepared to feed it to the agent.