FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:47 am
Global321

Originally Posted by oginting

thank you for the reply, sir!

I also got questions regarding the journey. This would be my first time in F. Only ever been on J two times before, and all on short haul and narrow body.

While I’m lucky enough to grab this mistake fare, my dad is not so lucky and he get Y ticket to join me on this trip. I’m seriously thinking of switching with him on one segments. Do you guys have any experience with this? Do I need to ask the FA if they’ll let him on my seat in F, and I’ll be in Y? Before learning about miles and points, we used the be that guy that always travel on LCC airlines, so this would be very different experiences than what we are used to.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Regards,
G
Not a mistake fare... New Year's Fare!

After bp scanning, you could simply give him your bp and take his. Really that simple. (No one is checking IDs on the plane.) If anyone did ask him, he could simply tell him the truth... you switched with him. I highly doubt anyone will inquire or care.

If you ask there is a (remote) chance they say no and you will not be able to do such a generous switch.