FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:46 am
james0499

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
This is my current mood as well. Booked 5 nights at Conrad and 3 at WA - Coming from a Superior Water Villa at Conrad might feel odd going into a BV at WA. And I'm not keen on paying $400++ a night to go overwater when the only reason it isn't free is because we're a month too early.
Agree - doesn't seem logical. Also, I just find the WA are really weird in their correspondence to the point where I simply don't feel like I want to go anymore! I'm emailing about the possibility of changing to an OWV, and in the response they randomly add the party line about the bleeding yacht transfer!

"Delighted to inform you that we have luxury yacht transfers for all our guests and it will take around 30 to 45 minutes from Velana International airport which can be arranged 24/7 according to your international flight arrival time.
Transfer fee is at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way. For children below 5 years, the transfer is complimentary and US$100+23.2% Tax and service charge per child per way for children between 5 to 11 years."

1) I didn't mention transfer. Not once.
2) Everyone else seems to be getting quoted $300 nowadays. So what is the price.
3) I booked on day 1 and you wrongly sent me the 'mistake' price of it being for a return journey, and you emailed me saying you would honour it.

It just comes across really poor IMO. Inconsistent from one person to the next and incredibly impersonal. I just got married at the WA in Rome and they couldn't be more different. If they can't get their service right over email, it doesn't really fill me with confidence for when I arrive on the island...