FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Advice JFK-MLE
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:18 pm
sbs2716g

1). You can do mixed class booking (first n business) but only via phone booking. Usually award open 355 days out? At Singapore midnight time I think。you can monitor the exact timing first. .
so Either you call in immediately once the date is available.
But frankly speaking, it might be better for you to book online first for JFK-SIN to at least secure the seats. (If you call n someone else book online at same time, they might get it first). Also try to be flexible with the date. Guess SQ only release 2 saver seats in suite

Once you secure the JFK-SIN (first class suite), call in and ask the agent to add the SIN-MLE leg in business class. If they are able to add, then you will save 11k mile per person. If can’t I think it is still worth paying the extra 11k miles rather than paying the advantage rate. Be sure to add your partner as the redemption nominee in advance.

2) for the return, I think it will be better for you to book separately. MLE-SIN in business. Once the date for SIN-JFK open up, book online immediately. The additional mile difference is 11k per person

if you book with stopover, you will have to pay us$100/pax for stopover fee (no free stopover for saver) and you will have to call in add the stopover n to book the SIN-JFK suites. So either you pay Us$100 per pax or pay additional 11k/pax
for the risk of missing out on seats, I would rather book separately.