FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Advice JFK-MLE
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:42 pm
setho212

Originally Posted by dav662
If my memory serves me right there is no first class on SQ from SIN to MLE. Only business class.
Sorry that is what I meant when I said only business class was available on the SIN/MLE legs of the trip.

Summarizing my earlier post, my question is what is the easiest/ most point efficient / highest likelihood of getting first class way of booking this trip?

A) A roundtrip ticket from JFK (or another US city) to MLE with a layover in SIN - Is it possible to even do this if first class is not available on the SIN/MLE legs?

B) Two one way tickets JFK to MLE and then MLE to JFK - This has the same concern as in A above with first class and business class tickets.

C) A round trip JFK to SIN ticket and then a SIN to MLE roundtrip ticket - My concern here is that I'd like to book the tickets exactly twelve months out to get the best chance of first class. I'm guessing that booking a roundtrip would require I wait until the return leg is bookable which would mean the first leg would have been for sale for 10-14 days and might not be available anymore.

D) 4 one way tickets JFK to SIN, SIN to MLE, MLE to SIN, SIN to JFK - This method would offer the most flexibility in making the bookings, but I am concerned it would cost the most miles.