FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from First/Business Class on United(Questions,Compensation, etc.)[ARCHIVE]
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:59 pm
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I would respond to them to compensate you for front cabin oversale, and that the UA policy is a $1000 TCVA voucher for being downgraded on a flight greater than 4000 miles in length. Send them the screen shot again. It may be good to have your 1K friend put in for this, as those CS agents are more responsive.
I actually just realized that United replied to my request and not my friend's... apparently they don't pay attention to their responses though. The intiial response providing $300 compensation said sorry you were downgraded. The follow up response said sorry for confusion denied boarding, if you had qualified for it the DOT requires the gate agent to provide compensation... lol. They already admitted we were downgraded and are now dodging the request for appropriate comp, or they just have no idea what they are doing.