FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Springhill Suites Newnan, GA [Master Thread]
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:43 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Springhill Suites Newnan, GA [Master Thread]

Stay Report - 8/26 - 8/27

Location: The hotel is located in the south Atlanta suburb of Newnan on GA-34 just east of I-85's exit 47. The area is typical suburban sprawl but there's a lot around the hotel. A bunch of chain restaurants (both sit down and fast casual), a Walmart just across the street and a Kohl's and Best Buy the other direction. ATL is about a 30 minute drive with no traffic and being near I-85 makes things pretty easy.

Hotel: An older SHS and in some ways feeling it. The lobby area was pretty small and got crowded easily during breakfast. There was also only a single computer business center in the breakfast area but the printer worked which is not a guarantee. There's a small snack area which also sells beer and wine and an indoor pool. Do note there's only one elevator so there can be waits. There is plenty of parking out front too.

Check In: Just what I like when I arrive late. A thanks for being Titanium, told I get points and a choice of marketplace item, keys and sent on my way. Ahhhh great check in.

Room: A little worse for the wear (some of the furniture was stained) but overall fine. Desk area, small kitchenette, large couch, large King bed with outlets next to it (and the annoying TV that swivels so you can not see it well from either the bedroom or living room, your choice!) and the odd SHS designed bathroom. There was a bottle of water and pack of Teddy Grahams in the room as a thank you for being an elite which was a nice touch.

Breakfast: Runs from 6:30 to 9:30 and had chicken sausage patties, scrambled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt and cereal.

The location of this hotel worked very well for me and I'd be back if I had to be there again.