FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low TATL business fares
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:43 pm
yyztozag

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by Bartolo
OP, the routes you mention are all from Europe to NA. Are you also asking about ex-North America? As pointed out above, it is generally cheaper to originate in Europe.

When the YYZ-AMS route started I got it for about $1400 CDN each way (P). I’ve done several other routes in the last couple of years (including this year) with each half being <2K when two travel together. Someone on FT indicated that they believed AC was matching a companion fare offered by the competition. Years ago I recall getting LHR during the summer for $800 each way (on a return tx).

The exception, for me, has been LHR. Since last summer I have been unable to get anything reasonable, even booking months in advance. I was watching this route for late fall 2019. It had been about $3200 for the outbound (on a return fare). It dropped to $2800. After the recent “fall sale” the outbound went up to about $5600, the return portion was similarly priced. The load didn’t seem to have changed. Being flexible with dates made no difference. Upgrades are also much harder to come by than in the past for this route.

Another data point — yesterday I saw a return fare Toronto to Narita in J for apx $2400 via Helsinki (Fin Air). Stopover in Helsinki possible.

They are much, much cheaper. It is not even rare to see ZRH or ZAG to YYZ for ~2800 CAD, and not with some stupid connection. Talking about direct from ZRH, and ideal connections from ZAG. Originating in YYZ it is quite rare to see normal flights to either ZRH or ZAG for under ~4000. There are exceptions though and I've seen it go as low as 2350 CAD.

EDIT: I am asking about literally any TATL fares booked on AC metal. Doesn't matter if the journey doesn't start or end in YYZ, or Canada for that matter.

Last edited by yyztozag; Aug 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm Reason: answering previous question