FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nice Airport Car Hire
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:14 pm
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Thanks for sharing your experience - I'm taking the family to Nice in a few weeks and decided to go with Hertz Gold Counter as well. I'll be flying into Terminal 1 (LH from Frankfurt) - any tips on finding/getting to the Gold Counter - or is the signage/wayfinding pretty clear? Looks like a bus might be involved from T1?

Also - when returning the car - should I build in extra time at the airport - or is it as straightforward as back in the States?
Yes, you need to get to T2 to pick up your car (unless you want to pay the premium for a T1 meet-and-greet). Actually, now the tram's up and running, it's a pretty decent transfer - just get on any T2-bound tram (it's free within the airport) and use the pedestrian crossing from the platform away from the terminal. There are some signs, but basically you're going down one of two gaps between multi-storey car park blocks. There's an especially annoying kissing gate halfway down each, so be warned if you have a lot of bags with you. You then cross another road (and start to doubt yourself a little) and you turn left or right and you're at the car hire centre. If you've got Gold Counter service, ignore the main hall, just go straight up to the top floor, you'll find the dedicated counter there in the Hertz section.

The return is (unusually) quite US-style, in that you drive into a drop-off lane (after a painful u-turn) and have someone with a tablet check things over and see you on your way. You then have to repeat the transfer in reverse. It can be a bit of a hassle to find a trolley, ISTR, but they are there.