FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation fee- do I have any recourse?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:31 pm
sabre31_98

Programs: United Premier Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Cancellation fee- do I have any recourse?

I booked a Labor Day trip with the Mrs. to JW Marco Island with a (ridiculous) 7-day advance cancellation period. Well now looking at the big storm cone blanketing Florida, my wife does not want to travel there and I don't blame her. If I cancel I get hit with a $371 charge which nobody will waive. Nobody really seems to care or even make an effort to help. As a Lifetime Titanium with 76 nights already this year I'm really kind of disgusted with Marriott service. I called the so-called "titanium line" and that rep could not have cared less. 'Call the hotel' was the response. It's not so much the money, although that's important, but I've been loyal to Marriott through all the merger issues and had never once thought about leaving. Now I feel like my loyalty over the last 12 years doesn't mean a thing to them. Is there anything I can do here? I know by the letter of the law they are in the right, a 7-day cancellation is what it is. It just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and quite honestly makes me want to status match elsewhere for my next 10 years of business and personal travel.