FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trial of no dinner service on night flights
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:12 am
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Tricky one... many Business travellers just want to get their heads down and sleep. (so no dinner service means less cabin noise)

Other people have bought up for "the UC experience" and being told "lights out, go to sleep" isn't what they have in mind...
I know the OP was about PE, but whatever happened to the Snooze Zone? That was a great way to offer both options.

I was actually surprised on my last UC flight in June JFK-LHR how comprehensive the dinner menu was -- better than a LHR-JFK afternoon flight I'd taken earlier in the year, with lots of snack options etc. I don't think I had a single thing to eat onboard. On the other hand, with an ambien, PDB glass of bubbly, earplugs and eye shades, any cabin noise from the service does not bother me.

What I like about VS and UC is the ability to have a full dinner in the lounge and then just get to sleep. (BA/AA offer this as well but it's more buffet-style dining).