FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: Earning EQD / Elite Qualifying Dollars on AA & partner airlines (as of 2019)
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:53 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Can anyone give me an idea of how many EQDs is a lot and thus likely to put me nearer to the top of the list? I just have no data on this at all.

Also, does AA distinguish between EQDs earned on AA metal and EQDs earned on partners?
I suspect that there is a large cluster of EXPs in the $15k to $20k range... and perhaps another, but smaller, cluster between $20k and $30k. Above $30k you're probably in more rarefied air, although you'll still find a number of $40k and $50k EXP spenders if the CK thread is any accurate indication (as there have been multiple posters in that range who have stated they were not granted CK status).

Your 12 month rolling EQD total that affects status is based on EQDs earned on both AA and partners (equally). There has been some discussion in the CK thread about whether partner spend is considered less valuable with regard to earning CK, but for upgrade purposes as EXP, any EQDs you earn from partner flights are considered to be of equal value/importance for upgrade priority.