FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:09 am
alice50734

Originally Posted by mikamal
Have had a few friendly emails back and forth with the WA. They promised by email to me on early May that private transfer is possible, but now they have changed their mind, and apperantly are not planning to honour that promise:
"We regret to inform you that we are unable to allow the third party boat to enter to our resort premises." and "We would like to inform you that we are unable to provide any further discount for our transfer fee." Further discount being the standard pricing of 300++.

I have now asked the reservations deparment to get a confirmation from the General Manager of the hotel that they'll not honour their promise nor give a discount. I did actually think they would honour their promise, silly me. Anything else that could be done? Besides the social media bashing
That’s so ridiculous. I didn’t get email directly from them that private transfer is possible, however, as I was communicating with WA, the reservation manager said, “Being a Waldorf Astoria and staying true to our communication, we honored any guest who we communicated via email that we do accept 3rd party transportation. And this applied to that guest only who we addressed in that email.“
LOL They aren’t going to honour anything they said. Great service WA!