FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call for BA to implement callback & filtering features
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:54 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Call for BA to implement callback & filtering features

With all the current disruptions, the single most frustrating thing reported have been not being able to get through to speak to anyone, with their contact numbers ringing out, or cutting off after a brief message that they can't answer the call due to high call volume.

If you are thinking that it's limited to non-BAEC members, I had this quite a bit even as a GGL, so I have experienced it myself.

Once I spoke to call centre agents, they were absolutely wonderful - sincere, helpful, courteous, caring people. I really can't fault any of the agents I spoke to (and I spoke to quite a few because of my own fault - well, not mine as such, but my mobile phone provider periodically dropping the calls!), But if you can't get through to them, you can't get their help!

Given the stress it causes to people, I'd like to publicly ask BA to implement the system that does things in the following order:

1) Call filtering based on the number you are calling from to prioritise according to membership

2) If not identified from the phone number, being able to enter the BAEC membership number for prioritisation

3) Average waiting time to be announced while on hold, and the position in the queue

4) Prioritised call-back function, where you press a button, leave a message with your phone number, and wait for call-back, with estimated call-back time

5) System like SQ PPS Call-back service, where you enter your number on a webpage and have them call you back, without needing to call in the first place, for selected members, with callback time guarantee

Rationale:

1) Some abuse of 'status-based' telephone numbers have been happening, which delays calls being answered for genuine members. This system sorts that out

2) Sometimes you are calling from a phone number not associated with your membership

3) You know whether to hold or ask them to call back. If you choose to hold, you will hear your progress in the queue

4) Having them call you back will save you having to wait in line.

5) Rationale not needed - benefit is pretty clear!

It won't solve all the problems (e.g. prioritisation for non-status members in CW/F, OWE etc.) but at least, it may help to ease the phone line congestion and associated stresses.

If BA can't sort out their IT and IR issues, I think this is at least something that will make life a bit easier for those affected by IT or IR issues (as well as other miscellaneous mass disruptions such as weather).