FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier miles vs. Ticket price and distance and FZ against EK
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:08 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
A lot more airlines vying for custom fly into DXB, FRA, DEL, BOM, LHR, etc hence competitive pricing but lucrative FFP’s. This isn’t a sole EK/FZ issue. It’s because of the route. Passengers & business are prepared to pay those or have very little option but to because there isn’t the selection of airlines/tickets/routings from that particular airport.

Why should someone flying BA from AMS to HKG get his flight cheaper than me who would be flying from a UK departure point?

If I want to fly from UK to Moscow in October on LH from EDI, it’ll cost me £197 return. In comparison, flying from FRA the cost is £187. If I was a *A member I would get more points for those flights by paying only £10 more. Where is the sense in that?

Airline ticketing, pricing and FFP’s are a dark art. Some of it makes sense, a lot of it doesn’t!