FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Perils of Arriving at the Gate
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:35 pm
maerim

Programs: Thai Airways
Perils of Arriving at the Gate

Arrived from Bengaluru today at 0530, 25 minutes early at Gate D7. First reaction was great - short walk to Immigration, through the autochannel and home by soon after 0600. First off the plane opened the first set of glass doors, walked to the second and it was locked. Several people including myself tried to get the attention of Airport staff walking on escalators and others driving buggies, but to no avail. One man went back to the plane and no-one was on it - no cabin crew, no cleaners, no.....

Several of us wondered if we had come the wrong way - there were no wheelchairs, Thailand Elite staff, staff with details of transfers, etc.

I called Thai Airways Business Class and the lady said 'I am not at the airport, so there is nothing I can do'.

After 25 minutes one person managed to open to find a way to D6 Departures and then go up one level, open the gate (which should have been locked I would have thought) and exit at the level where the lounges are. I then walked to the transit area near where TG lounges are in Concourse E, took the escalator down, walked around the barrier which should have stopped me going this way, while the security man watched me and then went to Immigration.

In thousands of flights I have never experienced anything like it and wasn't sure if it was a bad dream.