FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:18 pm
pentiumii

Originally Posted by ft543
I also tried building in a HKG stopover, but of course they wanted like 20k + $100 for the change.

If you can get yourself onto the early morning HKG-HAN flight, you can no-show for it and take a flight to your intended destination on CX later in the day since you won't have any overlapping bookings.

Thank you. I didn't really understand about getting myself onto the early morning flight. I understand that there is one but of course I am on the flight that is 11 hours later. I don't understand why I can't no-show for that one just as easily as paying to change to the earlier flight and then no show. My thinking was to go to the wing on arrival and get a shower and some breakfast, then have them take me to immigration and make my own layover in hk. I had them take me to immigration during the long layover on the first leg and we ran into the city for a bit and it was a lot of fun.

I am totally open to your thoughts or ideas and really appreciate your effort and time. I hate to just no show, but don't care to pay a cancellation charge just to abandon a business class let to HAN.