Old Aug 24, 19, 3:29 pm
nologic

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat/QF Lifetime Gold/Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Accor Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
Yes, EUR 600 per passenger!

This is not the problem of the passenger. Norwegian can certainly book a flight on expedia.com or directly on the airlines website with a corporate credit card.
Anyhow, the passenger may book the replacement flight by himself and claim that ticket costs back later, because Norwegian is violating EC261/2004 article 8 free rebooking onto the next available flight.
If it is Economy, Norwegian has to refund another 75% of the fare.
This is very interesting. You are saying I could have re-booked myself and claimed reimbursement later? Wow.

Well, booked in upgraded premium, what would have been reasonable? Premium on BA or a normal airline or business class? Norwegian's "premium" is a hybrid, more like business class IMO than Premium Economy.

Anyway, here's what happened:

1) There is a special rebooking line where they are aware of the costs and try to mitigate but have limited leeway. Norwegian said they would only rebook on Norwegian trans-atlantic...grr, that makes it hard when most flights are full.

2) Norwegian said they would pay for one connecting segment on another airline, but options were very limited. They would pay to go BOS-EWR on UA at 11AM, but not at 4pm or 6pm for an 11:30 pm EWR-FCO departure. No reason given. Fare was the same $299. Only computer option. They willl not pay for two connecting flights on either side-- choose an intra US connection or an intra-Europe connection. I wanted them to fly us BOS-NYC on UA or AA, then NYC-LHR in premium which was available, then LHR-FCO on BA...no, can't do two connections with another airline.

3) We opted for a downgrade BOS-CDG with a 4 hour layover in CDG. They paid for connection CDG-FCO on AF. We collected our luggage and rechecked into AF. We had 2-3 hours at CDG and had lunch. We have sought reimbursement for EUR 135 for lunch for four people. We arrived approx 4 hours later than our originally scheduled arrival at FCO.

4) I have claimed for reimbursement for:

(i) cancelled flight/late arrival. I expect EUR 600/person comp.
(ii) involuntary downgrade compensation (no clue what this will be, we paid $255 each for upgrade off a low fare of approx $350).
(iii) EUR 135 in food and beverage expenses for 4 people at CDG.

We'll see what happens.

BTW, the Norwegian agent did comp us free checked bags and meals for 2 people on the BOS-CDG flight. I did not request this.