FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton staff with HHonors status compete upgrades with us
Old Aug 24, 19, 12:53 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I think it is fine that employees are able to participate in the program and gain status. They are customers too on their time off and being in the hospitality industry is not the easiest job, but if they are traveling in their off time and travel enough to get status then I think they fully deserve that status no different from a regular customer/credit card user who pays $89 a year/person who goes to MVP site and does 4 stays to get Gold. Using the logic of some here, those on corporate rates should not get status benefits either because they are not "paying full fare." An employee discount is no different from an AAA discount, a corporate discount, or using the MVP Code. It is a discount. Sure, all of those discounts have varying percentages, but they are all discounts off of "full fare."

I don't really care how Marriott does it; it is their business and if they don't allow employees to participate in their laughable "Bonvoy" program, it is probably because they are embarrassed about how screwed up their program is.