FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reduced service: ORD-HKG suspended as of 8-Sept-2019 & EWR-EZE suspended as of 26-Oct
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:33 am
kluau88

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If UA is paying these FAs anyway, would the assign a couple extra ones to work the remaining HKG flights and just give better service to customers and a bit less work to the normally assigned FAs? I suspect the answer is no, but it could make sense on a full flight of this length. Or given the risk of airport disruptions at HKG, it might make sense to have some FAs in reserve in case there are delays and other FAs time out (although in this case, pilots are likely to time out too, so having some reserve FAs to work might not matter).
They could, but I believe there is an issue with the jumpseat configuration which makes some of them unusable. Another option would be to extend their existing schedule and add on international flying to an existing HKG-SFO pairing. During 2018, Hong Kong based crews filled some of the positions on SFO-NRT. I guess for the current time we just have to wait and see as scheduling figures it out.